Nothing ever suprises me

Anything yellow and blue
Big Dave
Embryo

Nothing ever suprises me

Post by Big Dave »

I have been supporting Oxford for over 30 years now! What I have now grown to accept over about the last 10 years or so is that nothing ever supprises me with Oxford.I've lost count of the times that we should have won,only to balls it up during the match or in the last few minutes.Any one out there agree!
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

You know what would surprise me?

Actually winning one of these end of season must win games.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I can't quite belive how we always royally cock it up in front of our biggest crowds, i.e. those crowds that are full of part time &quotI wonder what all the fuss is about&quot types who could be on the verge of turning into regular supporters but who inevitably go away thinking &quotnow I know why I don't come up here&quot.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

If there's an easy or a hard way of doing things, inevitably Oxford always do it the hard way. That's the beauty/agony of it.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I wonder if supporters of other clubs have quite the same agony levels that we do.

In some ways it might be nice to have a season of mid-table obscurity, just to relieve the tension. Not in the Conference though!!!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I wonder if supporters of other clubs have quite the same agony levels that we do.
AT some point last season a list appeared of the most stressful clubs to support, but sadly it only featured the 92 league clubs and had, I seem to remember, Notts County top.

I wonder where Oxford would have appeared on the list, because in my mind it would have been pretty high up..
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

A journalist I know (a Leeds supporter who lives in Littlemore) wrote that supporting Leeds since they won the Premiership has been the worst experience that any football supporter has ever had to endure, apart from supporters of Oxford, compared to whom the agonies of Leeds supporters pale into insignificance.

I think he may have a point.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

i think cambridge supporters deserve a mention here, too.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Bristol Rovers have had their fair share of pain too. They came down when we did and haven't moved since. The last time they got promoted was 1990. Since then they've been relegated twice and lost a play off final, a play off semi final and the Leyland Daf Trophy final and finished 23rd in the basement in 2003. On top of that they've had to lve in the shadow of a more succesful City team and worse still had to endure Ian Atkins.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Bristol Rovers have had their fair share of pain too. They came down when we did and haven't moved since. The last time they got promoted was 1990. Since then they've been relegated twice and lost a play off final, a play off semi final and the Leyland Daf Trophy final and finished 23rd in the basement in 2003. On top of that they've had to lve in the shadow of a more succesful City team and worse still had to endure Ian Atkins.
But, unlike us, they have not yet ballsed up their play-off opportunity for this season.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

What clubs, top tier apart, have gone longest without a promotion? Rochdale come to mind. (Obviously they've not suffered relegation for a long time either.)
entirely disenchanted
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:What clubs, top tier apart, have gone longest without a promotion? Rochdale come to mind. (Obviously they've not suffered relegation for a long time either.)
Bristol City?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:What clubs, top tier apart, have gone longest without a promotion? Rochdale come to mind. (Obviously they've not suffered relegation for a long time either.)
Bristol City?
They were promoted just 9 years ago.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Re:

Post by Shoobedoo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Bristol City?
They were promoted just 6 days ago.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotShoobedoo&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Bristol City?
They were promoted just 6 days ago.
Shows how much my mind has been concentrating only on the Conference.