In through the out door

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

In through the out door

Post by Kernow Yellow »

So that's Payne, Kinniburgh, Purkiss and Chapman (temporarily at least) off the wage bill.

Are we making room for someone or just getting a bit leaner?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I suspect a bit of both. But if we do get someone I hope it's a considered purchase who's worth the money.

Shame for Kinniburgh, who I thought had a bit more to give, especially as he's only 22. I'm slightly worried we'll end up with a squad that's too old in an effort to push for promotion with 'proven experience' at the expense of planning for the future, especially with Wilder's unwillingness to give the youth players a sniff/
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Josh on loan to Shots for rest of season. Luke Guttridge leaves Shots. Is he coming to us? Go on go on!!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Josh on loan to Shots for rest of season. Luke Guttridge leaves Shots. Is he coming to us? Go on go on!!
Guttridge already been signed by Northampton.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Shame, thought he looked great at the Kassam this season
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I suspect a bit of both. But if we do get someone I hope it's a considered purchase who's worth the money.

Shame for Kinniburgh, who I thought had a bit more to give, especially as he's only 22. I'm slightly worried we'll end up with a squad that's too old in an effort to push for promotion with 'proven experience' at the expense of planning for the future, especially with Wilder's unwillingness to give the youth players a sniff/
But are the youth players good enough? Perhaps questions needed to be asked about the effectiveness of the job those are doing who should be getting a few of the youngsters ready for the first team.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Shame, thought he looked great at the Kassam this season
Gutteridge has always looked good BUT his contract was cancelled at Aldedrshot and he is now playing for the 92nd placed club who are on a bad run - methinks there may be an issue or two off the field?
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:
&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Shame, thought he looked great at the Kassam this season
Gutteridge has always looked good BUT his contract was cancelled at Aldedrshot and he is now playing for the 92nd placed club who are on a bad run - methinks there may be an issue or two off the field?
I've heard that we wanted to sign him but couldn't afford/didn't want to pay his wages.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

For what it's worth lovin the Zeppelin referance. finally released about 3 weeks after I saw them at Knebworth. But that's a whole different thread. Oh yes also football.........
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

I too wondered if a clear-out and tidying-up of the squad was the prelude to a couple of signings - yet here we are, virtually at the end of January, and scarcely a decent meaty rumour to contemplate. The only notable 'incomer' is JPP with his re-discovered form. Are loan signings allowed after the end of Jan, or is it 'emergency' only?

Edit - I forgot Olly J, although only time will tell how notable, and in which direction, that signing will be.
Out of the gloom
Puberty

Post by Out of the gloom »

Agree with SmileyMan - a bit of both.

There is the possibility of being even leaner depending on the future of Fletcher. We would still have five forwards plus Marsh, Woodley or R Hall, all of variable statuses, to call on if circumstances change.

Few of those outward have started a league game this season. Of those that have, Smalley has effectively been replaced by Johnson and I would hope (or else be concerned) for a league experienced signing (not a short term loan) in place of Payne in the coming days. Guttridge would have fitted the bill, but we wait and see.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Interesting how on the one hand everyone is sick to the back teeth with loan signings. Yet here we are nearing the end of the Jan transfer window and all we want are some rumour of signings, signing or even some loanees coming in...

he he
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Interesting how on the one hand everyone is sick to the back teeth with loan signings. Yet here we are nearing the end of the Jan transfer window and all we want are some rumour of signings, signing or even some loanees coming in...

he he
My problem has been the sheer number of loanees and short-term signings that have come and gone, not loanees per se (cf Rob Hall). That degree of churn, I think, has been destabilising. As for the current situation, it would be pretty impressive to deliver in the days that remain a significant signing that comes in entirely under the rumour radar - which means that if more are to come in, they are more likely to be loanees.

Unless the financial situation is not so rosy and there is a reason behind seeing rather more leave than arrive...
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

We're pretty light in midfield now, having just shipped out two good midfielders, and I don't know what we'd do if Leven was injured. Meanwhile, 1-1, we'll take that.