A.G.M.

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

A.G.M.

Post by Roo »

Couldn't get there due to work......anything of interest?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re: A.G.M.

Post by A-Ro »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:Couldn't get there due to work......anything of interest?
Judging by i) the response on here and ii) the report on the official site.

No.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Well a loss of £800,000 is of interest to me.

Just how do we manage to lose so much money with triple the number of fans through the gate as then most teams in this poxy league and still not manage to go up.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:Well a loss of £800,000 is of interest to me.

Just how do we manage to lose so much money with triple the number of fans through the gate as then most teams in this poxy league and still not manage to go up.
I've not seen the 08 accounts yet (speaking of which, have you got a copy Sloppy?), but should eb easy to predict the problems. Previous signings on excessive wages, terminating fixed term contracts early, interest on directors loans, significant rent and maintenance charges, lack of non ticket revenue, dwindling crowds.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:

I've not seen the 08 accounts yet (speaking of which, have you got a copy Sloppy?), but should eb easy to predict the problems. Previous signings on excessive wages, terminating fixed term contracts early, interest on directors loans, significant rent and maintenance charges, lack of non ticket revenue, dwindling crowds.
and the boards wages. Anyone know how much each of the board members get paid? If Merry gets more then nothing then that is too much.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:

and the boards wages. Anyone know how much each of the board members get paid? If Merry gets more then nothing then that is too much.
Even nothing would be too much. The damage that man did to our club was as bad as anything Kassam ever did.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I see that the Oxford Mail is reporting a loss of “around £800,000
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]I see that the Oxford Mail is reporting a loss of “around £800,000
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

As I heard it:
The projected loss for 09/10 was between £100k &amp £200k. Based on average crowds of 5000. This does not take account of cup success.
There is some concern over the potential loss of the Setanta income.

The playing budget has been reduced.

It would not be cost effective to run a reserve team in the league because we would need to pay a bigger squad. CW said friendly reserve team games are better for experimenting because you can take players off and then put them back on again.

They are looking to market the club better with the Universities and local businesses - Group rate tickets.

WPL have not been receiving interest on their loans for the last 14 mths. This has been deferred.

We still need 2-3 players.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:As I heard it:

WPL have not been receiving interest on their loans for the last 14 mths. This has been deferred.
But it’s their club, and their money!?!? Why should they have ever wanted to charge Us interest in the first place unless they planned to make a profit out of OUFC?

My simple message to WPL is this – just fuck off now and let someone else with a bit of ready cash (which they don’t mind gambling on) own the club.

We’ve got the infrastructure right at last with Thomas (on £65k per annum) and Wilder (around the same) and a supporter base that will turnover at least £2m a year, so who needs the person who took Us out of the League in charge, especially when his focus and energy is mainly dedicated to a Rugby team up north?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:My simple message to WPL is this – just fuck off now and let someone else with a bit of ready cash (which they don’t mind gambling on) own the club.
And who might that someone else be?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

I'd imagine Jim's retirement will save us quite a chunk of those losses, about 1/7th if my source is correct. I can't imagine Merry was paying himself any less than his drinking buddy either.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:My simple message to WPL is this – just fuck off now and let someone else with a bit of ready cash (which they don’t mind gambling on) own the club.
And who might that someone else be?
Anyone with a quid in their pocket, so long as Lenagan left without calling in any* of the debt.

* = or maybe just a reasonable amount of it.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

But it’s their club, and their money!?!? Why should they have ever wanted to charge Us interest in the first place unless they planned to make a profit out of OUFC?

My simple message to WPL is this – just fuck off now and let someone else with a bit of ready cash (which they don’t mind gambling on) own the club.

We’ve got the infrastructure right at last with Thomas (on £65k per annum) and Wilder (around the same) and a supporter base that will turnover at least £2m a year, so who needs the person who took Us out of the League in charge, especially when his focus and energy is mainly dedicated to a Rugby team up north?

You don't understand business very well then Snake. If Oxford get it right with the manager and the on field stuff this is a club with a big upside. So why sell now, especially when so much has been invested already?
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Exectly at last WPL seem to have got the infrastructure right and touch wood the manager.

If we are successful next season, it is likely thta the average crowd will e larger and we will break even/ make a small profit.

So why just as things seem to be getting better would they want to/ should they get out?