Are we the worst team in English professional football?

Anything yellow and blue
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Are we the worst team in English professional football?

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I ask because I made this claim to somebody on Saturday and I wondered if I was telling the truth.

Obviously we can't know for sure whether other non-league teams are fully professional (we'll take the jokes as read, shall we?) but in the judgement of posters, are there likely to be any clubs below us in the Conference - or elsewhere in the pyramid - with fully professional squads?
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Yep - Woking, Rushden, Halifax, Weymouth, Kettering, Boston United, and (as of next season) Truro City are all full time.

Some of the other clubs below us in the Conf (Alty, Northwich) have full-time players, as do some teams in Confs N &amp S.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

I wondered about Weymouth. Who's currently in charge of bankrupting them again?

I'm not fussed about the occasional professional - it's fully professional clubs that interest me here. How does one find out these things?
entirely disenchanted
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

&quotboris&quot wrote:(as of next season) Truro City are all full time.
No
entirely disenchanted
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

At times I'm sure we've been the most un-professional team in English football but that isn't the same thing.
MightyOxford1982
Brat

Re:

Post by MightyOxford1982 »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:(as of next season) Truro City are all full time.
No

Fair play to the Truro City Chairman who unlike the Colne Dynamoes and Hornchurch Chairmans as not gone and jumped into the deepend without the new staduim etc in place and good luck to Truro I wont mind a away trip there sooner or later in the FAT!!!
Demanding Fans Not Having Fun = Players Being Crushed Under Pressure Dont Forget Non League Football Is Played By Non League Players.