MyFootballClub Website Takes Over Ebbsfleet

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Is this a similar thing to that which the Liverpool fans are trying to do?

http&#58//news&#46bbc&#46co&#46uk/1/hi/ ... 629&#46stm
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Is this a similar thing to that which the Liverpool fans are trying to do?

http&#58//news&#46bbc&#46co&#46uk/1/hi/ ... 629&#46stm
Seeing as the two owners can't agree with each other and one of them is in open warfare with the Chief Exec. I do't ratehe fans chances of being able to do a deal even if they could raise the money.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:This will be the club that marketed itself on the grounds of join and the decisions are taken by the members by a democratic vote, and unsurprisingly the reality has become vote and we may or may not take your views into account.

According to NLP, even the most heralded of the policies of members picking the team is now going by the wayside and it is going to be the manager who has the final say.

Once the raison d'etre goes, so will the members.

I predict large numbers losing interest within 1 year.
“Once the raison d'etre goes, so will the members.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Just how weird is this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 585165.stm

And before anyone asks I voted to sell him, just like I vote to put their keeper as centre forward each game.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Another interesting experiment today from MFC in allowing free admission to their FAT game. Well, the opposition was from Wiltshire and hardly much of a draw…

Average home crowd = 1,306

Highest home crowd of the season (v OUFC) = 1,842

Today’s home crowd = 3,750

Even with free entry that’s a lot of goodwill and pie sales for the club.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Just checked the stats on the MFC website and as of today there are just under 5,000 paid up members for year two or beyond, or put another way £175,000 of revenue to play with. Other donations have brought the current total up to £207,000.

Not sure what this means as the web team will be drawing salaries. I would have thought this amount would cover their costs but leave little to put into the club that the members OWN.

I’ve not renewed yet, but I am getting increasingly desperate emails each day telling me why I should! I might still pay up just to see what happens next with such a small number of fans making the key decisions, in particular what the exit route will be :shock:
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Do you think it will be advantageous to OUFC's efforts to get in to the play-offs for Ebbsfleet to be financially strong?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Well, it helps OUFC’s cause if people like me help to make their key decisions for Them :-)

And hey, I’ve seen you handing money to the turnstile operator at Oxford City, and they may only be a division behind us next season if they continue their run of form..
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

renewals run at less than half of last year:

http&#58//www&#46guardian&#46co&#46uk/f ... -footballl

isn't it will brooks?

anyway, interesting to read somewhere else that usually less than 500 vote on whether to pick the team or not.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

One could now become a shareholder in Accrington Stanley for £100.