Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

The kestrel in the USSU.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

Where are they now? Steward 106 (Smiler) from the front left-side of the LRT.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:Where are they now? Steward 106 (Smiler) from the front left-side of the LRT.
Or the really fat one on the right side whose jacket was so tight that if you stood too close to him you always felt that you might lose an eye if his buttons burst.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

What about gigs at The Cooler.......I remember Catatonia pplaying......speak to Mac on that one. Do I also remember a 'proper'game of cricket being played on the pitch at some stage (1970's?) I didn't see it but I think I was told about it....?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:What about gigs at The Cooler.......I remember Catatonia pplaying......speak to Mac on that one. Do I also remember a 'proper'game of cricket being played on the pitch at some stage (1970's?) I didn't see it but I think I was told about it....?
Ooooh yes - I was there, the crowd sat in the Beech Road Stand with a huge net stretched across the front. The wicket was a great big coconut mat. I think I remember Viv Richards batting using a single stump as a bat although that might have been somewhere else.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotRoo&quot wrote:What about gigs at The Cooler.......I remember Catatonia pplaying......speak to Mac on that one. Do I also remember a 'proper'game of cricket being played on the pitch at some stage (1970's?) I didn't see it but I think I was told about it....?
Ooooh yes - I was there, the crowd sat in the Beech Road Stand with a huge net stretched across the front. The wicket was a great big coconut mat. I think I remember Viv Richards batting using a single stump as a bat although that might have been somewhere else.
Utter NONSENSE A-Ro...............................Viv Richards was never in Catatonia!! :wink:
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

By The Cooler do you mean the Supporters Club? I saw Candyskins and ATL? play there once, and I'm fairly sure Otway played there - Crabbers will remember, I'm sure.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
Can you remember the date of the cricket match A-Ro? I've seen a programme for it somewhere, but can't remember the details.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

How about a list of ex-players who became Rozzers? I can think of 5 and there are probably more!
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
By The Cooler do you mean the Supporters Club? I saw Candyskins and ATL? play there once, and I'm fairly sure Otway played there - Crabbers will remember, I'm sure.
I doubt Crabbers can remember ANYTHING of that period to be honest!
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotHog&quot wrote:How about a list of ex-players who became Rozzers? I can think of 5 and there are probably more!
Let me know the details (I can think of Slatter and Robbo).
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:How about a list of ex-players who became Rozzers? I can think of 5 and there are probably more!
(Micky) Lewis? :lol:
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
Gary Watson, Davy Jones and, I think, Keith Cassells?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Can you remember the date of the cricket match A-Ro? I've seen a programme for it somewhere, but can't remember the details.
I'm afraid not, it was way too far back in the dim and distant and I can barely remember the last game we played these days. I'm sure GY will have a copy of the programme.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Only just got round to reading this thread - I've come over all nostalgic as i do from time to time reading this sort of stuff.
The auction when we all went away with bits of the Manor.
The firework displays at the Manor that seemed to go on for ever and ever and ever.
In the days of Robin Herd I recall some Italians with motor racing connections were possibly going to invest in the club or buy it. I seem to remember a couple of what looked like mafia types walking around the Manor pitch before one game. Flavio Briatore? Obviously nothing came of it and I might even have dreamt the whole thing up.
Biomass has already been mentioned but that bloody scoreboard thing should get a whole chapter to itself.