FA Trophy

Anything yellow and blue

Should we have a serious tilt at winning the FA Trophy?

Yes
40%
No
23%
Start to take it seriously if we reach the quarter-finals
37%

Total votes: 43

boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Ah, but this is a perpetual triangle.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Who’s getting excited about the prospect of the draw?

Are we all keeping Saturday December 12th free in our diaries?

I note that my local team (North Leigh) are already out of the competition in front of a home crowd of 62.
Iam! Godalming Town got through for the first time on Saturday, beating Vosper Thorneycroft 3-1 and an ill tempered but entertaining game. So I'm hoping for Godalming Town v Oxford United, for a real home fixture (for me anyway).
Tricky game away at Cirencester for Godalming next i see.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompeti ... y%201Q.pdf
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Who’s getting excited about the prospect of the draw?

Are we all keeping Saturday December 12th free in our diaries?

I note that my local team (North Leigh) are already out of the competition in front of a home crowd of 62.
Iam! Godalming Town got through for the first time on Saturday, beating Vosper Thorneycroft 3-1 and an ill tempered but entertaining game. So I'm hoping for Godalming Town v Oxford United, for a real home fixture (for me anyway).
Tricky game away at Cirencester for Godalming next i see.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompeti ... y%201Q.pdf
Godalming are top of Isthmian 1 South and in excellent form. Cirencester are a division below and in less good form than VTFC who GT have just beaten. I have confidence ...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I'm hoping for Godalming Town v Oxford United, for a real home fixture (for me anyway).
If that happens then don’t forget to fill your fridge with cold beers for Us. A few nibbles would be nice as well - nothing fancy mind.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Folkestone Invicta managed to go out of both FA competitions in a fortnight, but at least they can now concentrate on consolidating their good start to the league season.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I'm hoping for Godalming Town v Oxford United, for a real home fixture (for me anyway).
If that happens then don’t forget to fill your fridge with cold beers for Us. A few nibbles would be nice as well - nothing fancy mind.
It would be my pleasure.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Folkestone Invicta managed to go out of both FA competitions in a fortnight, but at least they can now concentrate on consolidating their good start to the league season.
Yeah, but this is the mighty (?!) Godalming Town mind, who coincidentally also play in yellow, albeit trimmed with sickly green. I must get on to their chairman and get him to correct the colours to yellow and blue.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
It would be my pleasure.
Cheers. And if I may politely suggest the idea that a few ashtrays scattered around your house would also help to keep the smoking detritus off your carpets etc.

No point in upsetting Mrs Godalming Yellow is there?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: If that happens then don’t forget to fill your fridge with cold beers for Us. A few nibbles would be nice as well - nothing fancy mind.
It would be my pleasure.
Cheers. And if I may politely suggest the idea that a few ashtrays scattered around your house would also help to keep the smoking detritus off your carpets etc.

No point in upsetting Mrs Godalming Yellow is there?
We have a bonfire in the garden for anyone wishing to smoke...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Godalming are top of Isthmian 1 South and in excellent form. Cirencester are a division below and in less good form than VTFC who GT have just beaten. I have confidence ...
Interestingly(!), Cirencester also stand between Oxford City and a place in the draw for the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, which we have to take part in. I note that Truro City are also still in the FA Cup, so there's a very slight chance that my nearest game this season will be less than 160 miles away. 3rd qualifying round is this weekend, for those that are interested.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Godalming are top of Isthmian 1 South and in excellent form. Cirencester are a division below and in less good form than VTFC who GT have just beaten. I have confidence ...
Interestingly(!), Cirencester also stand between Oxford City and a place in the draw for the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, which we have to take part in. I note that Truro City are also still in the FA Cup, so there's a very slight chance that my nearest game this season will be less than 160 miles away. 3rd qualifying round is this weekend, for those that are interested.
Prediction, we'll probably get Hampton away in the 4th qual. round, allowing Snake to make some 'witty' comments about eating and drinking me out of house and home pre-match. Or Luton at home.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote: Prediction, we'll probably get Hampton away in the 4th qual. round, allowing Snake to drink me out of house and home pre-match..
If only…

It’s possible that we’ll do what we’ve always done since we’ve been a non League club, which is to trot out the best available team we have to some place way off the football radar and further humiliate the good name of Oxford United.

However, I’m still hoping that maybe this season’s quest for silverware (and money that will make our Owner happy) will be different.

We ain’t Arsenal but if that Football Club can use their emerging talent in the League Cup so effectively then I’m still optimistic that Chris Wilder can take the players on the fringe of our first XI a lot closer to Wembley than his managerial predecessors ever did.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
Prediction, we'll probably get Hampton away in the 4th qual. round, allowing Snake to make some 'witty' comments about eating and drinking me out of house and home pre-match. Or Luton at home.
Banbury did well today. Care to comment GY?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote: Interestingly(!), Cirencester also stand between Oxford City and a place in the draw for the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, which we have to take part in. I note that Truro City are also still in the FA Cup, so there's a very slight chance that my nearest game this season will be less than 160 miles away. 3rd qualifying round is this weekend, for those that are interested.
Banbury did well today. Care to comment GY?
As Banbury are effectively 1 division above Godalming in the pyramid, I'd say it was Godalming that did well. We'll get them at the Spencer Stadium.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Dunno about that. Banbury is a tough place to go and they are currently only 300-1 with Skybet to win it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/non ... win-market