Fan's Forum

Anything yellow and blue

After tonights forum will we....

know when the club will buy the stadium?
No votes
know more about the chances of the club buying the stadium?
41%
still be clueless?
35%
be even more confused?
12%
be resigned to the fact that it's never going to happen?
12%

Total votes: 17

Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote: He even said that Kassam had offered to sell 50% now and 50% later if it would help things but they had declined to take him upon this.
I wonder why not. Presumably because they want to cut ties once and for all. Or don't they have any faith that a joint partnership with FK would work. Or don't they have / can't raise the cash to acquire half?

I wasn't there last night but it sounds reasonably positive.

Any mention of the current financial position?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

What would you do with half a stadium?
entirely disenchanted
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:What would be interesting is to get hold of a copy of that PowerPoint presentation.

I talked to Chris Williams about this afterwards. Obviously there is a lot of data in those slides that is commercially sensitive (even though we all read it on the night!!!) so I suggested that he redacted the parts that were sensitive and released the rest of it as a download from the official site. But we shall see.

Chris is attempting to put something together, but was complaining that 60-odd slides is quite big to upload &amp without the commentary alongside do not always make sense....

So something will appear at some point, once he's cleared the revised verison with the main men
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

He should have taken notes, the fool...
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotboris&quot wrote:He should have taken notes, the fool...
Exactly - You'd thing the first things that any web master would bring along to such an event would be a notebook and pen, wouldn't you boris? :lol:
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Exactly my point. Incompetent amateurs...
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote: He even said that Kassam had offered to sell 50% now and 50% later if it would help things but they had declined to take him upon this.
I wonder why not. Presumably because they want to cut ties once and for all. Or don't they have any faith that a joint partnership with FK would work. Or don't they have / can't raise the cash to acquire half?

I wasn't there last night but it sounds reasonably positive.

Any mention of the current financial position?
Loads of financial information on the club, the FITC programme and on youth development. Also lots of details on the play-off financial implications.

Highlights were a budgeted loss of £750k for this financial year will actually be £680k. Next 3 years the plan is to lose £250k. Turnover up to £2.6 million with expenses at £3.3 million this year. What I don't understand is where all the £3.3 million has gone. £1.2 million on players, £425,000 on the stadium and from memory £125,000 on youth development. This leaves a gap of just over £1.5 million!

Next year's player budget if in the Conference is capped at £900,000 against a turnover of £2.5 million (which sounds low to me based on the conference rules I've seen). If we go up the budget will be £1.2 million.

Playoffs are worth approx £187,000 if we get to the final and promotion is worth almost £350,000 in extra Football League, TV and youth development funding.

The most unbelievable part of the presentation was around the future Academy plans with Peers School. By 2010 the plan is to have developed a £25 million teaching and training facility all grant funded. They plan to have 5 centres throughout Oxfordshire with a total of 900 academy students! Seeing as their football plans don't envisage us at Championship level by this time I don't fully understand how our academy is going to be 20 times the size of, for example Man Utd and Arsenal's academies.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Highlights were a budgeted loss of £750k for this financial year will actually be £680k. Next 3 years the plan is to lose £250k. Turnover up to £2.6 million with expenses at £3.3 million this year.
As the financial year for the club runs until the end of June, I guess these are still projected figures rather than &quotactual&quot.
What I don't understand is where all the £3.3 million has gone. £1.2 million on players, £425,000 on the stadium and from memory £125,000 on youth development. This leaves a gap of just over £1.5 million!
This is one of the disappointing things about the first set of non-Firoka-filed accounts - the lack of detail. For example, there used to be a note in the accounts giving details of salary costs, numbers employed etc, but that has now gone. What has appeared, though, is a bit in the pre-amble about the accounts being prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies. It made the answering of questions like the above at least a little bit easier!

I recall seeing the accounts for (I think) Bournemouth a couple of years back, and their accounts were incredibly detailed. The turnover figure was clearly broken down to show how much came from gate receripts, how much from merchandising, how much from TV income etc etc. Be great to see OUFC adopting a similar level of transparency.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotMally

Highlights were a budgeted loss of £750k for this financial year will actually be £680k. Next 3 years the plan is to lose £250k. Turnover up to £2.6 million with expenses at £3.3 million this year. What I don't understand is where all the £3.3 million has gone. £1.2 million on players, £425,000 on the stadium and from memory £125,000 on youth development. This leaves a gap of just over £1.5 million.[/quote]

So, on these projections we will be £4.3m in debt by 20/6/10.

Given the size of our support compared to everyone else in the Conference &amp also compared to Div 2 I struggle to see why we are budgeting for loss after loss. We can't blow all our income on wages given the cap. Guess we'll have to wait for future accounts to see where the £1.5m has gone. That's a big sum for a club our size.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotMally

Playoffs are worth approx £187,000 if we get to the final .[/quote]

Are we are getting ripped off ? I was expecting more.

Lets say we get to Wembley
Here's a guestimate
Home leg 11,000 x say av £14 = £154,000
Away leg 6,000 x say av £13 = £78,000
Wembley 30,000 x say av £15 = £450,000
Sky money
no idea but say £20,000 for the semi &amp £50,000 for the final
Gives a total of £752,000

Even split three ways (us / opponents / Conference) that leaves £191k for expenses.
Have I completely over estimated the Wembley gate of we get there?
Am I talking b*****s here?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Going by Lenagan's presentation your figures are way off!

They estimated income of £100,000 for the home semi, with just £7000 Sky money.

Clubs don't receive any income from away play offs (and have to pay their own expenses).

He then estimated approx £100k if we make it to Wembley (although he admitted that was pure guesswork).

Obviously on top of that, and not mentioned in his figures, there will undoubtedly be a fair amount of revenue from merchandising etc.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Going by Lenagan's presentation your figures are way off!

Clubs don't receive any income from away play offs (and have to pay their own expenses).

He then estimated approx £100k if we make it to Wembley (although he admitted that was pure guesswork).

Obviously on top of that, and not mentioned in his figures, there will undoubtedly be a fair amount of revenue from merchandising etc.
Cheers Boris - I'd say the estimated income from the home leg is a bit under. If that's all Sky pay they are complete b******s - but we probably knew that already. What about Wemberlee.
Mark G
Puberty

Re:

Post by Mark G »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:[quote=&quotMally

Playoffs are worth approx £187,000 if we get to the final .
Are we are getting ripped off ? I was expecting more.

Lets say we get to Wembley
Here's a guestimate
Home leg 11,000 x say av £14 = £154,000
Away leg 6,000 x say av £13 = £78,000
Wembley 30,000 x say av £15 = £450,000
Sky money
no idea but say £20,000 for the semi &amp £50,000 for the final
Gives a total of £752,000

Even split three ways (us / opponents / Conference) that leaves £191k for expenses.
Have I completely over estimated the Wembley gate of we get there?
Am I talking b*****s here?[/quote]

Assuming average of £14 per ticket for the home leg is probably optimistic unless there is a lot of adults and no kids! Also, according to Kettering fan (not sure if attached to club but seems to have inside info) on Confguide, we would keep the income from the Home Leg as his club have checked this with the league. Furthermore, I doubt the Sky money would be that much considering how much the clubs receive for league matches (£5k home club, £3k away club) and this may be pooled with the general league money but not sure.

So my assumption on revenue to the club would be:

Home leg: 11,000 x £10 = £110k
Away leg: No income

If we get there:

Wembley (based on Scoobs price and league suggested ticket prices would be no more than FA Trophy so average price of £20 (split equally 4 ways 2 clubs || league &amp Wembley's fee)). Also using Baboo's crowd estimate.

so: 30000 x £5 = £150k
Sky: don't know but don't expect much

So revenue would be approx £260k if we made Wembley (based on guesswork and assumptions)
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:Going by Lenagan's presentation your figures are way off!

Cheers Boris - I'd say the estimated income from the home leg is a bit under. If that's all Sky pay they are complete b******s - but we probably knew that already. What about Wemberlee.
The club doesn't receive any TV income from Wembley, as that all goes to the Conference. Wembley income is split between the two clubs after deducting the cost of the venue, administration fees, and a percentage (unspecified) that goes into a Conference pool (or Moules' back pocket).
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMark G&quot wrote:
so: 30000 x £5 = £150k
Blimey - only a fiver to get in - should fill the place. I might go even if we don't make it.