You know we're on a bad run...

Anything yellow and blue
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

I thought that he looked pretty skillful and had some very good touches but maybe a little lightweight.

I guess that the though process is that Craddock will take some time to get fully fit and I wonder (and worry) how long Potter will be out for.

Presumably Franks is sen to have not worked out, Smalley is really an alternative to JC if we play 4-3-3 and Marsh is not quite ready for starts?

Incidentally re Woodley what a shame that he has clearly not progressed as quickly as hoped and I hope that he eventually does come good. A little surprising that no Conference club seems to arte him ennough to give him a chance.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Call me naive and well out of touch with Oxford United if you like but how come we never give a kick to any of our Youth even in an arena like the Fourth Division any more, let alone make much needed money from cashing in on young players who turn out to be half-decent.

Hey, it’s been quite a while since we used to moan about selling on players to bigger clubs. Is this a dead-end situation these days, and if so why is the club spending good money on the whole youth set-up when it could be better spent on short term loans to help the immediate situation?
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

A bit OT, but where the hell is Tony Capaldi?! He is like the invisible man, not seen or heard anything about him. What even is his injury anyway?
STEVE F
Brat

STRIKER

Post by STEVE F »

I MYSELF WOULD LIKE HACKETT BACK PLEASE MR WILDER TRY FOR HIM AFTER EXETER LOAN IS UP .
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Re Capaldi. Since I asked the same question I have read an Oxford Mail snippet that he has a back injury and might be back in contention by Christmas.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Re Capaldi. Since I asked the same question I have read an Oxford Mail snippet that he has a back injury and might be back in contention by Christmas.
What is more worrying is that I think we knew he had a back injury when we signed him. Did we think he would be back sooner, or were we so confident in his ability that we thought it was worth a protracted absence to secure his signature? How long's his contract anyway?

And more to the point, why do we need four left backs?
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote: And more to the point, why do we need four left backs?
Davies was signed to be a winger and it was hoped Kinnibrough (ok I can't spell it) would've left by now leaving Tonks and Capladi as the two LBs. Anyway that's a bit of a silly thing to say seeing as a few weeks ago Tonkin, Capaldi and Davies were all injured so we did need the fourth one!
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote: And more to the point, why do we need four left backs?
Davies was signed to be a winger and it was hoped Kinnibrough (ok I can't spell it) would've left by now leaving Tonks and Capladi as the two LBs. Anyway that's a bit of a silly thing to say seeing as a few weeks ago Tonkin, Capaldi and Davies were all injured so we did need the fourth one!
Disagree otherwise on that logic we'd have a squad of 44. Injuries/suspensions coincide in certain positions sometimes.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Yeah, but we still needed a 4th player to play in that position this season, even though the gaffer only planned on having 2.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Deja vu all over again. Mr Wilder's really treated indulgently, being allowed to do all this loan churn. I can't help thinking we'd be better off, genuine injury crises notwithstanding, having stability and a genuine chance for players to get to understand a system, what's required of them and how the players around them are going to react to situations. Clearly RHall is a counterexample and I'd accept that, given how late squads are assembled, that there might be a bit of shuffling at the start of the season, but we're nearly 40% in now.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:Deja vu all over again. Mr Wilder's really treated indulgently, being allowed to do all this loan churn. I can't help thinking we'd be better off, genuine injury crises notwithstanding, having stability and a genuine chance for players to get to understand a system, what's required of them and how the players around them are going to react to situations. Clearly RHall is a counterexample and I'd accept that, given how late squads are assembled, that there might be a bit of shuffling at the start of the season, but we're nearly 40% in now.
I'm a massive fan of Wilder but I'd have to agree with you here, he frustrates me that he won't stick with players for long.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 82,00.html
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 06,00.html

Interesting to compare the two &quotmatch reports&quot.
Yeah, I noticed that. Did the club think we couldn't cope with the news that the reserves lost heavily as well? Would be nice to know who else got a runout for us.

Not quite sure what it's doing on this thread though?