Oxford United Miscellany

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Thanks for your kind words, Snake.

There is indeed quite a lot of stuff that didn't make the book, mainly because of space, but I'm not sure there's enough for another volume (yet!).

Having said that, if I can find a publisher then maybe next year...
If you're a bit short of copy then I'm happy to add stuff along the lines of what happened next when Oxford City Council lost this Oxford United case, being as I no longer work there.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/~/media/documents ... 90744.ashx
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I know the answer to this, but I won't post it because a) I don't want to ruin it for anyone else, and b) I might use this in a potential forthcoming publication (or not).

And just to prove I ain't lying, I'll pm the answer to oufc4eva and he can verify that I'm 100% kosher (although in fact I'm not religious at all).
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

21. On Friday 28 April 2006, the complainant, a local newspaper, published an article regarding the original sale of the land to Firoka. The article (which was supplied to the Commissioner by the council), claimed that the newspaper was in possession of a letter written by the council’s legal services manager to the District Auditor and leaked by an unnamed council source, a claim that has not been disputed by the council.

I wonder where that 'leak' emanated from :wink:
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Which famous International manager and current manager of a Champions League side, played at the Manor in a pre-season match for Royal Antwerp
in August 1975 ?
He was born on the 8/8/51 if it helps ...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:21. On Friday 28 April 2006, the complainant, a local newspaper, published an article regarding the original sale of the land to Firoka. The article (which was supplied to the Commissioner by the council), claimed that the newspaper was in possession of a letter written by the council’s legal services manager to the District Auditor and leaked by an unnamed council source, a claim that has not been disputed by the council.

I wonder where that 'leak' emanated from :wink:
It wasn't one of my leaks as I don't/didn't make my hard-earned by prostituting myself in helping to sell local newspapers - and I support OUFC.

If anyone on this board likes playing Cluedo can we also cross this guy off the list of suspects?

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/search/?sea ... ig||kassam
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I was disappointed not to find a copy of this book in the club shop, when I visited yesterday. In fact, none of Boris' oeuvre was on sale - Denis Smith's autobiography was the only book I saw.

Oh well, I'll just have to use Amazon...
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

They certainly should be in the club shop (as should On This Day, if there are any left). I'll drop a line to the marketing bloke at the publishers to see what's going on.

You can always buy a copy direct from moi, if you want.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotHog&quot wrote: He was born on the 8/8/51 if it helps ...
CORRECT.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:They certainly should be in the club shop (as should On This Day, if there are any left). I'll drop a line to the marketing bloke at the publishers to see what's going on.
Well I asked the girl behind the desk, as I couldn't see it, and she said they didn't have it. I'm not sure she knew what I was on about though - or cared that much either.
&quotboris&quot wrote:You can always buy a copy direct from moi, if you want.
PM me the details you require, and I shall be glad to do so.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I'm just trying to work out if I've bought Miscellany yet or not.

boris

How many OUFC books have you written recently? I've got two but as I havent read either of them yet I can't remember what they are.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

KY - PM sent.

A-Ro - Miscellany is my third book. It's the same size as the blue On This Day, and the same colour as the yellow Complete Record. It's only been out a couple of weeks, so I expect even you would remember buying this one!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:A-Ro - Miscellany is my third book. It's the same size as the blue On This Day, and the same colour as the yellow Complete Record. It's only been out a couple of weeks, so I expect even you would remember buying this one!
Thanks boris, I'll get onto it right away. Another book for me not to read.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:A-Ro - Miscellany is my third book. It's the same size as the blue On This Day, and the same colour as the yellow Complete Record. It's only been out a couple of weeks, so I expect even you would remember buying this one!
Thanks boris, I'll get onto it right away. Another book for me not to read.
Have I contributed to this latest book? some of the rubbish I come out with must have made its way in there.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Does Boris have a doppelschreiber living in Bradford?
From the City Gent
&quotBradford City Miscellany by David Markham
Former T&ampA football writer DM has written Bradford City Miscellany, a companion to On This Day, the book he wrote last year&quot
£8.00 to City Gent readers, £9.99 normal price

I also received an email a few months ago from DB Publishing offering me:-
&quotMillwall: The Complete Record
Richard Lindsay &amp Eddie Tarrant
Millwall - For a club like Millwall this book is a unique volume that is totally focussed on one football trophy, namely the FA Cup, a competition that has not only excited fans up and down the country, but also the players and club officials since the professional game kicked-off in 1888.&quot

Quite how a complete record only covers the FA Cup I'm not sure. That's Millwall for you I guess.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Does Boris have a doppelschreiber living in Bradford?
From the City Gent
&quotBradford City Miscellany by David Markham
Former T&ampA football writer DM has written Bradford City Miscellany, a companion to On This Day, the book he wrote last year&quot
£8.00 to City Gent readers, £9.99 normal price

I also received an email a few months ago from DB Publishing offering me:-
&quotMillwall: The Complete Record
Richard Lindsay &amp Eddie Tarrant
Millwall - For a club like Millwall this book is a unique volume that is totally focussed on one football trophy, namely the FA Cup, a competition that has not only excited fans up and down the country, but also the players and club officials since the professional game kicked-off in 1888.&quot

Quite how a complete record only covers the FA Cup I'm not sure. That's Millwall for you I guess.
Both the Miscellany and On This Day are published by Pitch Publishing, who produce these series for a number of clubs (including, whisper it, Slumdon Town).

As for the Complete Record - well, quite.

Just starting work on book number 4, seeing as you ask.