Strange things ...

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Cheering when Dorchester got a penalty near the end of the game (they were 9-0 down).
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Being in the queue behind Ramon Diaz as he bought hot dog and chips when the reserves played at Crawley.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

The wall falling down at the London Road.

Peter Hatch crossing the ball from the left wing and it beating the keeper in our 5 - 2 win against Hull in 1973.

The Aston Villa London Road invasion and subsequent expulsion.

The game against Wimbledon in the fog.

The train on the way to Hereford.

Being marched by the police over a snowy hillside at Aldershot when everyone wanted to go the other way.

Me getting thrown out at scumdon before I'd even got in then going and joining another queue and getting in.

Dover.

Keith Cassells and Peter Foley at Brighton in 1982.

I could go on.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Please do, after all it’s Friday afternoon and at that time of day we’re paid but not expected to work.

Dover? What was funny about Dover, apart from watching the OUFC kit man struggle like hell to get his trolley up the hill?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:The wall falling down at the London Road.

Peter Hatch crossing the ball from the left wing and it beating the keeper in our 5 - 2 win against Hull in 1973.

The Aston Villa London Road invasion and subsequent expulsion.

The game against Wimbledon in the fog.

The train on the way to Hereford.

Being marched by the police over a snowy hillside at Aldershot when everyone wanted to go the other way.

Me getting thrown out at scumdon before I'd even got in then going and joining another queue and getting in.

Dover.

Keith Cassells and Peter Foley at Brighton in 1982.

I could go on.
So why have you stopped? More please.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I remember an evening game at The Manor when I saw Steve McMahon rather bravely walking from the Comp ticket turnstile towards The Beech when he was manager of Slumdon who were in a relegation battle (but not playing us) so I started a one-man chant of Slumdon Down, Slumdon Down as I pointed at him. I'd shouted it twice before I realised what it sounded like as some menacing Oxford types moved my way! I think my OUFC scarf saved me!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Coming back to draw 5 - 5 with Pompey

A late Hugh Curran hat trick to beat Sunderland in 1972

Johnny Byne's red wristbands

Matty Elliot's screamer at Carlisle when he stood arms outstretched like Christ on the cross.

Kids watching the Leicester replay from the trees in the Nurses home in 1971.

Bobby Macdonald coming on as sub at Wimbledon and scoring with his first kick of the game from a free kick in 1984.

Dennis Wise getting sent off for deliberate handball.

Finally A little Gary Briggs section

Gary Briggs and Doug Rougvie he he he

Gary Briggs sending John Fashanu flying horizontally

Vinny Jones running the length of the pitch and gripping Rambo tightly round the throat after another Briggs - Fashanu &quotcoming together&quot
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

For Phil Whitehead goal kicks:

Ooohhh you're God aaah ah ah

And for Elliot Jackson goal kicks

Ooohhh Jesus Christ
Son of God
Aah ah aah!

Does anyone on here know why the Phil Whitehead chant became low pitched and slow? I never did work that one out.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

The look Joey Beauchamp used to give Wayne Hatswell every time the latter tried an overlap from left-back...

Mike Ford thinking he was some sort of midfield playmaker when he was in charge of the reserves

Telling the bloke that left at halftime when 3-0 down vrs Mansfield (?) in an early Atkins game that he'd regret it, and actually being proved right

Opening a spread betting account because I thought their offer of us making 45 points in the Denis/Kemp season was ridiculously low
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:The &quotWe can see you sneaking in&quot was earlier used at Elland Road when Leeds got a late equaliser to take the game into extra time during which Jim Magilton scored the winner and his last goal for us I think.
One of my all time favourite Oxford games.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotHog&quot wrote:I think my OUFC scarf saved me!
That and the fact you must be about 7 foot tall!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Mike Ford scoring a rare goal and sitting on top of an injured Martin Aldridge to celebrate.
Mike Ford scoring TWICE at Cambridge to rescue an unlikely point
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Cheering when Dorchester got a penalty near the end of the game (they were 9-0 down).
Cheering when we scored a goal when already 7-0 down at home to Birmingham. Then, driving back to London, hearing a recording of our cheering played repeatedly by Danny Baker on 6-0-6. Actually made me forget the misery of the rest of the match.

Also celebrating our final-day consolation at the Riverside as if we'd just scored the winner at Wembley.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotKernow Yellow
Also celebrating our final-day consolation at the Riverside as if we'd just scored the winner at Wembley.[/quote]

And having to sing the post goal &quotPigbag&quot ourselves.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

&quotLeeds got a late equaliser to take the game into extra time during which Jim Magilton scored the winner and his last goal for us I think.&quot

....... last kick for us, maybe?