FA Trophy

Anything yellow and blue

Should we have a serious tilt at winning the FA Trophy?

Yes
40%
No
23%
Start to take it seriously if we reach the quarter-finals
37%

Total votes: 43

Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I wonder if anybody can plausibly claim to have travelled to an Oxford game using the ferry at Babcock Hythe?
entirely disenchanted
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

The pre-season of the year we got relegated from the top division, I'm sure I recall reading about the club's pre-season tour in Sweden in the programme, during which we thrashed loads of teams by 11 goals or more.

Anyone else recall this?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

I'm sure it was a pre-season tour of North Wales, on a mushroom-picking expedition.
entirely disenchanted
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I wonder if anybody can plausibly claim to have travelled to an Oxford game using the ferry at Babcock Hythe?
Perhaps they have but surely that isn't the sea but the River Test.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

You don't say.
entirely disenchanted
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Hooray, Burton are out so we get a game
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

For those of you pointlessly looking for tonight’s result of the massively popular Setanta Shield Final on the world wide web (which you won’t find) it’s just gone into extra time, and that’s because Andy Burgess scored an equalizing goal to make it 1-1.

Oh, the tension of this competition – I can hardly wait for Us to enter it again next season.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

This is the last posting on this thread by me EVER (promise).

40,186 fans turned up for the FAT Final so that’s nice for Gravesend and Torquay by means of some extra cash to spend next season, compared to our cup final in Conakry where will we have possibly lost our deposits on the flights and accommodation.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

In reference to the post below I've no idea how that happend. I just tried to do it again but now it says my post has been edited.
Last edited by Snake on Sun May 11, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:This is the last posting on this thread by me EVER (promise).

40,186 fans turned up for the FAT Final so that’s nice for Gravesend and Torquay by means of some extra cash to spend next season, compared to our cup final in Conakry where will we have possibly lost our deposits on the flights and accommodation.
The date of this post is 3rd April so how did you manage to predict the exact attendance of a game over a month later?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

However, coming back to the original question - I wonder whether Torquay are regretting going all the way to the final instead of concentrating on getting promotion?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:However, coming back to the original question - I wonder whether Torquay are regretting going all the way to the final instead of concentrating on getting promotion?
Perhaps if they had narrowly missed out on automatic promotion or had just missed out on getting in the play-offs. I don't think their FAT run had anything to do with their collapse against Exeter.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

And Aldershot were hardly hamstrung by reaching the semis and also winning the Shield.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Being as itÔÇÖs almost that time of year again (I can hardly believe that weÔÇÖve been non-league for three seasons now) itÔÇÖs a good excuse to bump this thread up again and reveal all the lovely jubbly prize money from the FA up for grabs this year.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Some people will see this competition and the potential revenue as another distraction though, Snake.