Zebroski final piece of striking Jigsaw

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Yeah, that's right, so we responded by dropping him and using the cunning ploy of directing all of our attacks through Rufus Brevitt crossing the ball in from the half way line - hah, no-one would have suspected that!!!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Burgess blows too hot and cold though and usually was played wide. I'm talking about a midfield player who directs things from the middle of the pitch.

What would't you give for a Jim Magilton, Trevor Hebberd, Bobby Ford (Mk1) or a Dean Whitehead to fill that role.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Re:

Post by Shoobedoo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:What would't you give for a Jim Magilton, Trevor Hebberd, Bobby Ford (Mk1) or a Dean Whitehead to fill that role.
I thought Magilton was magnificent when he played in PRB's testimonial. Never wasted a pass. I reckon he could walk into our side even now, despite a slightly larger girth. :lol:
yellowportly
Brat

Re:

Post by yellowportly »

&quotboris&quot wrote:If I may be a bit controversial for a mo, I actually reckon Marv gets a bit of a raw deal from the fans. Okay, he's no Billy Hamilton (who is, at this level?) but he isn't as bad a striker as a lot of people make out. He is quicker and more mobile than Duffy, and his strike rate per game isn't that awful. In addition he won us two or three penalties and his link-up play with his colleagues wasn't that bad. I reckon he'll be better next season, when he's had a proper pre-season's preparation, and I wouldn't be in despair if he was a regular back-up striker.
In fairness to Marv, we've never lost a game when he's scored .. all we need to do is get him to score every game and we're up .. simple as that
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--