Where will we finish?

Anything yellow and blue

Which Conference table position will OUFC finish this season?

2nd and promoted
35%
2nd and not promoted
5%
3rd and promoted
20%
3rd and not promoted
35%
4th and promoted
No votes
4th and not promoted
5%
5th and promoted
No votes
5th and not promoted
No votes

Total votes: 20

neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

I soooo want a trip to Wembley. It's a one off opportunity and will be a very special day out. To lose in the semi's would really hurt. I truly believe that we've done more than our fair slice of penance and, if there is any justice in the footballing world, a Wembley victory will soon be bestowed upon us.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotneilw&quot wrote:if there is any justice in the footballing world
this is where your statement falls down, neil
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotneilw&quot wrote:I soooo want a trip to Wembley. It's a one off opportunity...
Let's hope that the one-off opportunity wasn't the one back in 1986!
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Indeed a bizarre omission on Neil's part since I clearly remember a conversation with him in which he described the previous occasion as the best day of his life. As his wife was present I asked him whether he would not prefer to nominate his wedding day....
entirely disenchanted
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

One off because it's the first year of the new Wembley. Obviously, there'll be many cup final visits for us in the years ahead :lol:

20/04/86. Yeah, I think I can still stick by the best day of my life statement, Justin, if I think back to how I felt at the time. I was certainly more emotional seeing my team run out the tunnel than i was at the sight of my future wife coming down the aisle :lol: Anyway, I like to think / hope that the best days are still to come.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotneilw&quot wrote:Anyway, I like to think / hope that the best days are still to come.
Are you talking about your marriage now, Neil? :lol:
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotneilw&quot wrote:I soooo want a trip to Wembley. It's a one off opportunity and will be a very special day out. To lose in the semi's would really hurt. I truly believe that we've done more than our fair slice of penance and, if there is any justice in the footballing world, a Wembley victory will soon be bestowed upon us.
Every single feeling that those sentences induce in me make me realise that we are going out in the semi's after a long and expensive trip to York on a Friday night. That for me is what being an Oxford fan is all about.

Depressed of Oxford.