Incoming!

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Incoming!

Post by joepoolman »

I thought it might be worth having a thread for news, rumours or requests about summer signings. I'd like to get the ball rolling, Sido Jombati has been released by Cheltenham, always impresses me when I see him play, I would love to see him in a yellow shirt.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re: Incoming!

Post by Mooro »

I would love to see Scarlett Johannson in a yellow shirt
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

She'd get booked if she took it off!
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Werthers Original wrote:She'd get booked if she took it off!
Yes but attendances and revenue would increase :)
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Classic gossip this.

During the Easter holiday, my son did a football course, proudly (ish) wearing his Oxford shirt every day.

One of the coaches told me his landlord was about to resign for Oxford.

His landlord was a member of our Conference play-off team, I'll leave it there and let you guess.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Wilder has come out and said he wants a RB, LB, utility midfield player, a wide left player, a winger who can play both sides and two forwards.

He can take Hunt and Newey, and Potter and Beano might fit the bill too. No place for Wright though?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27311160
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

YF Dan wrote:Classic gossip this.

During the Easter holiday, my son did a football course, proudly (ish) wearing his Oxford shirt every day.

His landlord was a member of our Conference play-off team, I'll leave it there and let you guess.
Mmm, I'm guessing you live in London. Don't think Beano or Wright (or Green or Chapman!) have London connections but Potter and Deering do and so does Midson. Off the top of my head the rest of them are either retired or low-end Conference players (although Damian Batt has been hinting that he'd like to return) ... except Dannie Bulman! Which would be nice. Except he's 35 now.

Or are you being a smart-arse with your punctuation and referring to Melville?!?!
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Why 'proudly(ish)?

OUFC are the best football club in the world.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

As an aside, my little one (16th birthday next week) played his junior football in West Yorkshire. Turned up to training for a new season proudly in his washed out yellow shirt (actually, circa 1990, I think) to be met with 50% Leeds then Man U, Barcelona etc.

Once the routines were going, the coach came across, and said to me, "Like t'shirt." I thought this might be an attempt at light irony, until he added, "Iron, me."
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

The brochures for the Plymouth Argyle holiday kids coaching courses have for the last two years had more OUFC shirts pictured on the front than PAFC ones thanks to my sons. They also wear their shirts to tennis practice, where their coach (another Scunthorpe fan) tries not to take the piss too much. Sadly no-one has passed them any juicy transfer gossip though...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Hog wrote:

Mmm, I'm guessing you live in London. Don't think Beano or Wright (or Green or Chapman!) have London connections but Potter and Deering do and so does Midson. Off the top of my head the rest of them are either retired or low-end Conference players (although Damian Batt has been hinting that he'd like to return) ... except Dannie Bulman! Which would be nice. Except he's 35 now.

Or are you being a smart-arse with your punctuation and referring to Melville?!?!
Surely 'resign' is one of the most annoying words in the language, as without context it could mean quit or stay (or is there a cunning hyphen in one of them to prove me stupid?) or indeed return!!
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

It was a course run by Arsenal, my local team, and it's fair to say there weren't many other Oxford shirts on display that week.

Bless my poor son. Why have I inflicted this pain upon him?

I remember after Port Vale (away) a couple of seasons ago, he turned to me and said: "Daddy, if Oxford are the best team in the world, why do they keep losing?"

I mumbled something along the lines of: "Well even the best teams lose 3-0 at Port Vale sometimes without mustering a shot on goal, and besides, who wants to win all the time?"

To get through school without being teased or bullied I've said he's allowed to support Oxford AND Arsenal. It's a working compromise so far and to be fair, of all the big boys, Arsenal are by far the least objectionable.

---

Re-sign.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

True Dan except when you try and get a ticket and see how much they are!!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Mooro wrote:I would love to see Scarlett Johannson in a yellow shirt
Not offered a deal - gutted!!!!
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Kids. We give them space to make their own judgement on trivial matters such as religion, people, interests etc. However, we clad them in yellow from day one in an attempt to brainwash and influence, against all odds, whilst being horrified at the thought of them turning to an alternative clan.

Chap at work is a big Sheffield Weds fan. He has triplets, three teenage boys. Two go to games with him, the other follows Everton. Makes me laugh.