York

Anything yellow and blue
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: York

Post by SmileyMan »

Kernow Yellow wrote:Even the flood-ravaged bogs at [...] Newport looked in better shape.
What the one where the ball and 22 players were virtually stationary for the last ten minutes? Criticise our pitch if you like, but don't compare it to that disgrace.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

SmileyMan wrote:
Kernow Yellow wrote:Even the flood-ravaged bogs at [...] Newport looked in better shape.
What the one where the ball and 22 players were virtually stationary for the last ten minutes? Criticise our pitch if you like, but don't compare it to that disgrace.
That pitch may well have been heavy, but I don't remember as many untrue bounces and bobbles that night as I saw on Friday. Though to be fair that may be because I was expecting the Newport pitch to be much worse than it was.

I'm interested to read (since I posted) that a couple of our players were criticising the pitch after the game as well. Not that I think they should be using it as an excuse, but given that we (IL) spent £50k on it pre-season, it's in an awful state imo. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the ground on Friday was how much worse than Plymouth's pitch it was.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

The bobbling pitch is a major problem for Waddock wanting the players to play his way. It has to be a priority to sort it out or appointing a manager who wants to build an attacking pasing team was pointless.

I think that Kitson was a liability in the second half and played so deep it destroyed the shape of the team.

Beano was isolated and as we know he can't hold it up.

On the plus side, Alfie looked sharp and with Connolly they could be a good combination in the final three matches of this season.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Kernow Yellow wrote:...I don't remember ...any ... bounces ... that night
Fixed that for you :D
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

The pitch wasn't that bad. It was the same for both teams as well. This was a game for Whing, we got out-physicalled in midfield.
Thought York were very decent and I'd see them as promotion candidates on that showing. Our performance was no disaster, there is a lot of promise being shown by the youngsters.

I wouldn't give up just yet, it's been an odd season
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Eric Pollard wrote:The pitch wasn't that bad. It was the same for both teams as well. This was a game for Whing, we got out-physicalled in midfield.
Thought York were very decent and I'd see them as promotion candidates on that showing. Our performance was no disaster, there is a lot of promise being shown by the youngsters.

I wouldn't give up just yet, it's been an odd season
You've calmed down since you were last on Radox Tim. And you forgot your Oop The Warriors!
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

I have no idea what you are talking about Mr Underwood. ;)