Marv & Duffer

Anything yellow and blue
neilw
Puberty

Marv & Duffer

Post by neilw »

Has there ever been a worse striking partnership in professional football?
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

I think Marv is the worst ever Oxford forward. I would rather have Anthrobus in the team. At least Anthrobus scored a goal!
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I saw Kurt Nogan and Iain Dowie play for Luton at Charlton* in the old First Division a number of years ago. The Hatters did not score. It was a midweek game. It was cold.

[* = well, Selhurst Park]
entirely disenchanted
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Cusack and Penney
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

roach and odubade - almost the antithesis of duffy and robinson, and yet just as terrible.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Would a tree and a lighthouse offer more movement, maybe?
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

A little harsh considering that when they were on together I can't remember getting one decent ball into the box.

The service they recieved was hopeless, everytime Gilly Turley of Rufus got it they lumped it up to them, sometimes they won the header (well at least Duffy did) sometimes they didn't at no point were the midfielders close enough to take advantage.

I really don't understand the logic of playing two big men up front if you're not going to play our one player who gets in behind defences (and no Yemi never does on the wing)

Give Marv half a chance he hasn't had a run in the team yet and already people were on his back.

People were also slagging Duffy off again last night and the lack of chanting his name when he warmed down with Rose after Rose was given such a good reception is really going to give him a lift and help his confidence when his morales low anyway.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

&quothasn't had a run in the team yet&quot .......... I can agree with that, for both of them.