You know we're on a bad run...

Anything yellow and blue
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

You know we're on a bad run...

Post by YF Dan »

...because Lord Wilder has just signed another &quotstriker&quot on loan.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

If this is the alleged re-signing on loan of Lewis Guy I'm going to be very very disappointed.

This season he has only played 6 games and has scored just once and he was awful for us first time around.

If true this would be a retrograde step and a slap in the face to our existing strikers.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Good signing
He was very impressive in his first spell earlier in the season.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

What happenend to the days where a injury crisis would result in a promisng youngster being put on the bench and given a taste of first team action.

Not sure they would do any worse than Leiws Guy who wasn't that great when he was with us before, and would give them a chance of developing rather than playing for the stiffs/youth team all the time.

Can't ever see a youngster breaking through under CW, or have they just all been no good since he joined - I guess it's not as if any have really gone onto better things.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:What happenend to the days where a injury crisis would result in a promisng youngster being put on the bench and given a taste of first team action.

Not sure they would do any worse than Leiws Guy who wasn't that great when he was with us before, and would give them a chance of developing rather than playing for the stiffs/youth team all the time.

Can't ever see a youngster breaking through under CW, or have they just all been no good since he joined - I guess it's not as if any have really gone onto better things.
I'm no expert, but I expect being a Conference side made us less attractive to a youngster and their parents than some of the local alternatives. As a League side we would attract them now, but we won't see the fruits of that for five years or so.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Maybe some truth Smileyman but we have young Tyrone Marsh itching for a call-up.

The positivies are we aren't paying for him. He also did link play up well, even if he never really looked like scoring.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:Maybe some truth Smileyman but we have young Tyrone Marsh itching for a call-up.
And Aaron Woodley, of course, who was once touted as the Next Big Thing.
Out of the gloom
Puberty

Post by Out of the gloom »

Rather rated Guy last time, not unhappy that he is back.

I do share the weariness of Wilder reaching for the short-term loan option with such regularity.

It is not so much Marsh (or Woodley) being denied opportunities, his aspiration should be a few sub appearances at the moment, but Smalley, who is yet to start the same number of consecutive games as Guy did in his first spell.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSWA&quot wrote:Good signing
You forgot the irony tags.

God help us. We should be looking for much better than this. That Franchise are happy to let us have him for nothing speaks volumes.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Did we know Chris Hackett was available? Perhaps Millwall didn't want him to drop this low?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Did we know Chris Hackett was available? Perhaps Millwall didn't want him to drop this low?
He's gone on loan to Exeter City.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:Did we know Chris Hackett was available? Perhaps Millwall didn't want him to drop this low?
He's gone on loan to Exeter City.
That's what I was referring to.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:Maybe some truth Smileyman but we have young Tyrone Marsh itching for a call-up..
Just noted that he turns 18 on Christmas Eve, which in itself is not significant, but is in the fact that he has been 17 for eleven months without being offered a pro deal, which given his clear aptitude for banging them in does not bode well for the club, should someone with a manager with more of a reputation for trusting youngsters comes sniffing around.

Wasnt the point of the transfer window to encourage clubs to try to make do with what theyve got rather than just bringing in players each time someone goes missing?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotSWA&quot wrote:Good signing
You forgot the irony tags.

God help us. We should be looking for much better than this. That Franchise are happy to let us have him for nothing speaks volumes.
Guy looked ok in what little I saw of his first spell. Better than Philliskirk, certainly. The trouble is, we're not really lacking in forwards that look ok but don't score enough goals. What we're lacking is an out-and-out goalscorer.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

I'm quite non plussed by Guy, didn't really rate him as a player, seemed a bit 6/10 most matches, but then he showed that he really appreciated the fans after his goal, more so than some permanent players do, so yeah, I like him a little. All I can think is that Philliskirk must be on his way back.