This weeks new signings

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote: I guess if the combination of Futcher's experience and Worley's/Franks' potential is a better long-term bet, then we have to go with Wilder's judgement.
Jake Wright?
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote: I guess if the combination of Futcher's experience and Worley's/Franks' potential is a better long-term bet, then we have to go with Wilder's judgement.
Jake Wright?
Him too, obviously. I meant it more in the sense that Worley and Franks are clearly ones for the future, whereas Wright is closer to being the finished product. Didn't express that very well!
OXUFC4Life
Toddler

Re:

Post by OXUFC4Life »

&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:Phew - it's Wrexham

http&#58//www&#46wrexhamafc&#46co&#46uk ... 00&#46html
CW comment &quotnothing personal&quot, yeah come on! Upset CW and you are out. Don't be surprised to see Creights playing against us come January.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

[/quote]

CW comment &quotnothing personal&quot, yeah come on! Upset CW and you are out. Don't be surprised to see Creights playing against us come January.[/quote]

Can't see why it would be 'personal' at all? A number on here seem to think thta he is not good enough for league 2. Presumably CW thinks the same.

I think that he generally did well for us last season. He did have a dip in form when day came in, but he came back strongly.

He seems a decent guy and I reckon that it is a good signing for Wrexham who seem to be bringing in more sensible type of players this season.
headless_pnub
Brat

Post by headless_pnub »

Why is it that whenever anyone leaves the club people come to the conclusion that it must be personal. What a poor opinion of Wilder they must have to think he would get rid for that reason alone.

Since the start of the season Creighton has been below Worley in the pecking order (something he wasn't best pleased by) and with the signing of Futcher for his experience I guess Creighton has dropped further.

He's a decent BSP player and deserves a starting place, but he's not going to get it here. I'd have thought more than anything it was a mutual decision.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Well, and last season, for much of that ugly period, he was behind Day in the pecking order too (and that was an error): you certainly get the impression that Wilder doesn't rate him, for whatever reason: acquiring Worley, Franks and now Futcher all seem to be ways for Wilder to solve his Creighton problem.

Well, I'll miss watching him play that's two players I enjoyed watching gone, not very enamoured at the moment.
headless_pnub
Brat

Post by headless_pnub »

Day took his chance and rightfully kept Creighton out of the squad. Until his injury he was a rock at the back. So it's a bit harsh to say it was a mistake.
Once Day got injured though, Creighton upped his game and deserved his place right the way through the rest of the season.

I like Creighton and think he's a great character to have at the club, but I also think we can get better players than him and need to to improve.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Hm, might see him on Boxing Day then when I'm up at my Mum's.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:Day took his chance and rightfully kept Creighton out of the squad.
I don't agree with that, I'm afraid. I would have said &quotDay made many errors but kept his place because Wilder did not want to play Creighton&quot.
OXUFC4Life
Toddler

Re:

Post by OXUFC4Life »

&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:Day took his chance and rightfully kept Creighton out of the squad. Until his injury he was a rock at the back. So it's a bit harsh to say it was a mistake.
Once Day got injured though, Creighton upped his game and deserved his place right the way through the rest of the season.

I like Creighton and think he's a great character to have at the club, but I also think we can get better players than him and need to to improve.
Day did not keep Creighton out of the squad through quality, it was CW and Creighton having words which caused Creighton to be dropped.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

Really?

I thought that Creighton started pretty well and definitely had a dip in form before he was dropped. Day started particularly well and also faded.

When Creighton came back he had a couple of poor games and then played well and deserved to be in the team.

I would think it marginal that Creighton can be a good player in this Division and so trying to replace hi with somebody better to play along side Wright seems reasonably sensible to me.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:
&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:Day took his chance and rightfully kept Creighton out of the squad.
I don't agree with that, I'm afraid. I would have said &quotDay made many errors but kept his place because Wilder did not want to play Creighton&quot.
It's fairly obvious that Creighton is a very good Conference player, but all his career he's been knocking about non-league and is quite old, so there's always going to be a question mark over whether he can step up to league football or not. That brainless dive in at Bradford was probably the last straw, that wasn't what you'd expect from your most experienced centre half.

Wilder signed him remember and has decided he can't hack it to the required standard in this league (there wasn't queue of league clubs to take him off our hands either) - that's not a personal decision is it? Although Creighton may well have taken the decision personally, I think there's quite a lot of guesswork with any of this. Fans often claim it's a &quotpersonal&quot decision when one of their favourites gets left out or dropped.

Out of all the controversial decisions wilder has made to turf popular players out, not that many have actually gone on to do very much have they? How many are playing at clubs above us now? Yemi, Haldane (although both of them were finance based weren't they?) are all I can think of. There certainly wasn't this sort of outcry when Yemi left.

On
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Entirely agree with Isaac, especially about the brainless dive-in at Bradford. I have no idea whether CW makes 'personal' decisions, but this is certainly not evidence that he does. I would deem his apparent reluctance to drop Hall, Tonkin or Heslop over recent weeks as much more questionable.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotOXUFC4Life&quot wrote:
&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:Phew - it's Wrexham

http&#58//www&#46wrexhamafc&#46co&#46uk ... 00&#46html
CW comment &quotnothing personal&quot, yeah come on! Upset CW and you are out. Don't be surprised to see Creights playing against us come January.
Do you think he'll get a League Two club then?