New striker

Anything yellow and blue
Oufc2009
Brat

New striker

Post by Oufc2009 »

Are we looking for a new striker or is it just gonna be defence and midfield, any one hot any rumours
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re: New striker

Post by Mally »

&quotOufc2009&quot wrote:Are we looking for a new striker or is it just gonna be defence and midfield, any one hot any rumours
We've got 4 in the squad already - I don't think we can afford more than that.
Oufc2009
Brat

Post by Oufc2009 »

hardley 4 we have beano and midson who are strikers, the rest are wingers or atticking midfielders
Matthewjbutler
Brat

Post by Matthewjbutler »

I always consider Matt Green a striker, as opposed to an attacking midfielder, in spite of his usual starting position. I realise it could easily be argued conversely but I have to say I consider him one of three strikers at the club. Whether another is still needed however, is a different matter completely...
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotOufc2009&quot wrote:hardley 4 we have beano and midson who are strikers, the rest are wingers or atticking midfielders
I'd certainly describe Matt Green as a striker. To be honest I haven't seen/don't know enough about Woodley to comment. I didn't include Potter in my 4 but he can certtainly play up front alongside Midson or Constable.
Millman
Sperm

Post by Millman »

Green, Midson, and Beano, plus Woodley who by the looks of it is now considered the 4th striker. I would have liked a little more league experience in the setup, but I guess we will have to suck it and see. Goals are my biggest concern so far, I wonder if we are just too wasteful in front of goal for this league, although this may prove totally unfounded.
witney dave
Embryo

NEW STRIKER

Post by witney dave »

I would have liked to see another ''goal scorer'' added this year. I think we failed to convert too many chances last year. Mitchell Cole looked good and useful at Didcot, but rather like many other attacking midfield players ( Green...Potter etc), they miss plenty of opportunities. I like Midson as a player, but cannot see him getting a hatful for us. We do need another 15 goal a season man to add to the squad.
witney dave
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotOufc2009&quot wrote:hardley 4 we have beano and midson who are strikers, the rest are wingers or atticking midfielders
I'd certainly describe Matt Green as a striker. To be honest I haven't seen/don't know enough about Woodley to comment. I didn't include Potter in my 4 but he can certtainly play up front alongside Midson or Constable.
I would describe MG and AP as forwards and JC and JM as strikers. LSD can play almost anywhere in midfield or the front line accept striker or central midfield.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Mark G
Puberty

Post by Mark G »

John O'Flynn would be a good signing. Bristol City took him on trial but decided against offering him a contract. Did well at Barnet last year and as out of contract would be available on a free transfer. He appears keen to push on with his career and develop which is the sort of player CW is looking for.