Did cot rip us off?

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

The main drawback I had with yellow player when we were in the league was the 20 or 30 second delay, as I would typically be at home listening via laptop but reading match live threads, and reading about a goal before hearing it. Not to mention no match highlights for years. But the video interviews are good.
Beach Road End
Brat

Post by Beach Road End »

At least I should be able to watch the goals on the football laegue show for free :D
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Sorry to have a further moan but I don't really get this at all.

BBC Oxford is funded by the TV Lisence for the purpose of community-based public service broadcasting. OUFC/PTV then sell BBC's commentry to OUFC fans listening on the internet. I wander how much this really helps the club financially? I guess the main problem is that they're repackaging something that I already pay for via my license fee and selling it back to me so that I have to pay for it again.

I really hope that OUFC dump PTV and we can do something great with the website like Wimbledon's 'Virtual Terrace.'
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:I really hope that OUFC dump PTV and we can do something great with the website like Wimbledon's 'Virtual Terrace.'
The club want to, but were signed into a very long contract 10 years ago, I'm sure if they could get out of it, they would.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:
&quottomoufc&quot wrote:I really hope that OUFC dump PTV and we can do something great with the website like Wimbledon's 'Virtual Terrace.'
The club want to, but were signed into a very long contract 10 years ago, I'm sure if they could get out of it, they would.
True. I wander how long the contract is for.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

The point is there are different types of broadcast rights. Local radio, Internet, tv highlights , news highlights, extended highlights etc. And Ptv has the Internet live commentary rights for the football league. So the beeb haven't paid for this. I think was a 20 year deal. And as Stevenage seem to be converting too perhaps it is compulsory to join!
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:The point is there are different types of broadcast rights. Local radio, Internet, tv highlights , news highlights, extended highlights etc. And Ptv has the Internet live commentary rights for the football league. So the beeb haven't paid for this. I think was a 20 year deal. And as Stevenage seem to be converting too perhaps it is compulsory to join!
That sounds about right. I'm guessing the was collectivly bought by the Football League members.
Mark G
Puberty

Re:

Post by Mark G »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:Sorry to have a further moan but I don't really get this at all.

I wander how much this really helps the club financially?
According to a news item promoting Yellow Player on the official site, OUFC get the whole fee (£34.99) for Yellow Player.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Decent income for the club and YELLOW Player is decent value for money.

I signed up for 12 months selecting the £34.99
annual direct debit option. It was easy to do and the club gets 100%
of the fee - so I am happy.

Hopefully several hundred will sign up and the club will benefit
handsomely.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotMark G&quot wrote:
&quottomoufc&quot wrote:Sorry to have a further moan but I don't really get this at all.

I wander how much this really helps the club financially?
According to a news item promoting Yellow Player on the official site, OUFC get the whole fee (£34.99) for Yellow Player.
So the BBC provide the commentry for free? An Premium TV get nothing? VAT?
yelloexile
Embryo

Re:

Post by yelloexile »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Decent income for the club and YELLOW Player is decent value for money.

I signed up for 12 months selecting the £34.99
annual direct debit option. It was easy to do and the club gets 100%
of the fee - so I am happy.

Hopefully several hundred will sign up and the club will benefit
handsomely.
I've just signed up. I'm happy for the club to gain income, but not with the circumstances. I feel a little bit like I've been held to ransom as an exile - I'd be happier if it gave some form of additional benefit, like having an ST, in terms of goodwill, say a 10% discount at the club shop, or OUFC 'Membership' in terms of priority for all-ticket games.