boris
Grumpy old git

Tomorrow

Post by boris »

This is what we've got to look forward to:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

My Subbuteo pitch has better facilities!
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

You can replace all that green with brown as well.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

We're going to get wet, very wet.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

If I were you, I'd worry more about the quality of our football!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotGeoff&quot wrote:If I were you, I'd worry more about the quality of our football!
That's was taken as a given, obviously.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

It wasn't on the must see grounds of the 21st century was it!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

At least we didn't get soaked.

I was trying to think of other positives but that's all I've got.......
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

It was one of the more pleasant away trips, apart from the result.

Very short trip, easy parking, decent pre-match pub, pleasant walk to the ground through a lovely park filled with spring flowers, no trouble from police/stewards and a decent view.

And then the teams came out and it all turned to ratshit.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:It was one of the more pleasant away trips, apart from the result.

Very short trip, easy parking, decent pre-match pub, pleasant walk to the ground through a lovely park filled with spring flowers, no trouble from police/stewards and a decent view.

Well, we'll be going back next season so another pleasant away trip. But the team will no doubt spoil it again - irrespective of what XI are wearing the Oxford kit.

On the positive note - best Weatherspoons pub I've eevr been in. Beer was well kept for a change.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:It was one of the more pleasant away trips, apart from the result.

Well, we'll be going back next season so another pleasant away trip. But the team will no doubt spoil it again - irrespective of what XI are wearing the Oxford kit.

On the positive note - best Weatherspoons pub I've eevr been in. Beer was well kept for a change.
We won't be going back there.

They've sold their ground and are moving to Yeading in a 6,000 all seater stadium. Not quite sure why on their crowds.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:We won't be going back there.

They've sold their ground and are moving to Yeading in a 6,000 all seater stadium. Not quite sure why on their crowds.
That does seem very strange. Although I dare say they got a few bob from a developer for their current ground - the area was certainly pretty residential.

Shame, it's a nice ground for their needs, and no doubt their new one will be some industrial estate identikit plastic monstrosity.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:On the positive note - best Weatherspoons pub I've eevr been in. Beer was well kept for a change.
It was the only pub that we found in Hayes with any real ale whatsoever. It's just a shame that most of the beers were off, and they didn't have a few more barstaff pre-match.

The first pub I went in after the match (Prince of Wales, I think - on the way from the ground back to the Wetherspoons) is one of the worst pubs I've ever been in. Even worse than that one that used to be the nearest pub to the Rushden ground.