So who is he?

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Interestingly enough (although this should be on another thread) Matt and Francis Green are the only two players in our history to share that surname......
Not quite. We had a Green in 1929-30, and then another Green from 1940-46.

Sorry.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Hang on - I did a search on players - have you got a secret database ? I think we should be told. A-Ro will be cross, too.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Go on Boris - i'll give it to you first:

&quotSuper Franny goes ballastic... Rovers are atrocious&quot
The original was better.........

&quotSuper Cali go ballastic......Celtic are atrocious&quot.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Hang on - I did a search on players - have you got a secret database ? I think we should be told. A-Ro will be cross, too.
No, the database only goes back to 1949, when United turned professional. But I do have a list of all the pre-49 results and scorers (as do you, if you bought my book :wink: )
amershamwrighty
Puberty

I believe that Father Christmas may bring your book down my chimney, so you can guess what I'll be doing all day on December 25th.......
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:I believe that Father Christmas may bring your book down my chimney, so you can guess what I'll be doing all day on December 25th.......
cleaning it?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:I believe that Father Christmas may bring your book down my chimney, so you can guess what I'll be doing all day on December 25th.......
Burning the turkey?
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

drinking sherry?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
drinking sherry?
More likely to be Stella.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Sodje.
In case you missed it with all the excitement yesterday, it was announced that Onome Sodje's loan signing was made possible by the 12th Man Initiative. So obviously he'll be brilliant, but if not, we can always get him to sell badges or something.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

Also seems to have escaped notice that Kelly went to Kettering on loan as Green came the other way.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotscooter&quot wrote:Also seems to have escaped notice that Kelly went to Kettering on loan as Green came the other way.
I spotted that. Good. We had too many wide midfielders on the payroll not getting on the pitch (and in Kelly's case, not looking brilliant when they did).

Normally I'd worry that he'd go on to be brilliant for one of our promotion rivals, but Kettering seem to have blown up a bit since Cooper left, so hopefully this won't be an issue.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Interestingly enough (although this should be on another thread) Matt and Francis Green are the only two players in our history to share that surname......
Not quite. We had a Green in 1929-30, and then another Green from 1940-46.

Sorry.
What about Ross and Simon Weatherstone? Or was Ross just on a youth contract?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

By 'that surname' I meant 'Green'.

Otherwise I would have called out the Atkinson brothers (ooooh, I've come over all wistful, especially after watching the Blackburn Cup game on youtube the other day..).
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
Even more interesting is that the one Green was brought in to cover for the other Green and we play Forest Green Rovers tonight and Matt Green's first game as a sub was also against Forest Green Rovers.
And he had F.GREEN on his shirt. Didn't see what make of car he arrived in though!