Released/Retained

Anything yellow and blue
Long John Silver
Brat

Re:

Post by Long John Silver »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Yemi is many things but not lazy. I think we'll miss him badly
We've been missing him badly for about two seasons already.

Difficult to understand the pining for someone that flatters, but produces very little end product in reality.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotLong John Silver&quot wrote:
&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Yemi is many things but not lazy. I think we'll miss him badly

Difficult to understand the pining for someone that flatters, but produces very little end product in reality.
Bring back Eddie Anaclet - oh wait...
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Hummmm... It does indeed depend on who CW brings in.
exactly. and i guess the difference between patterson and wilder is that wilder should have the experience to know what he needs to do to rebuild a squad to the extent that patterson tried last season.

odubade going is a good decision i think. he's been at this club too long without performing on nearly a consistent-enough basis, and i think a move will be good for both Us and him. so yes, i agree with AO that he'll be a thorn in our side at some point, but overall i suspect the team can be improved by using the money that he frees up.

willmott - i feel sorry for him as he's played so well, but being ruthless, his injury in in our first conference season was such a blow to that squad, and i guess the possibility of that happening again would be at the front of the club's mind.

but, as recordmeister points out, the time to pass judgement on these decisions will be when we see who wilder brings in to replace these players.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

No it's not. Yemi was always entertaining. My girls are very sad to see him go. He's a cult hero amongst some of the younger supporters.

On balance and in hindsight I'm not surprised he's going. Wilder has strict instructions on the budget and Yemi did not justify his salary in his last season. I wish him all the best.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:

No it's not. Yemi was always entertaining. My girls are very sad to see him go. He's a cult hero amongst some of the younger supporters.

On balance and in hindsight I'm not surprised he's going. Wilder has strict instructions on the budget and Yemi did not justify his salary in his last season. I wish him all the best.
Not just our younger supporters! I really liked Yemi but can also see why he's being shown the door. Essentially, he hasn't significantly improved since he came to the club, and that's the most disappointing thing. If anything, the revolving door to the manager's office has probably meant he's had longer here than he otherwise might as he seems to exude that &quotsomething&quot a manager can work with to make him better, but he has never fulfilled that promise.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Surprised that Sandwith got a deal as he hasn't impressed me at all.
Sandwich played two lovely, 60 yard, almost Elliott-esque cross field balls to the feet of wingers on Sunday. I was quite impressed by that.
&quotHog&quot wrote:My 12 year old had tears in her eyes when I told her that her new heart-throb Nelly was on his way
That's funny, I was struck during some recent televised game or other by quite how ugly Nelthorpe was. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Nelthorpe has a very long face.

I think he looks like an ugly Jim Carrey.

Dean Whitehead has a very long face too.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote: Sandwich played two lovely, 60 yard, almost Elliott-esque cross field balls to the feet of wingers on Sunday. I was quite impressed by that.
Not the first time either, but he still seems to get more than his far share of stick. The bloke behind me berated Sandwith every time CC made a mistake on Sunday, some people just choose to see what they want to.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:My 12 year old had tears in her eyes when I told her that her new heart-throb Nelly was on his way
That's funny, I was struck during some recent televised game or other by quite how ugly Nelthorpe was. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess...
Actually, the nearest she's been to him is row DD of the SSU when he's been warming up as a sub!

Steve Daniels took a wonderful shot of him on Sunday and if I only knew how I'd share it with you all as it bought a tear to my eye too!*

*Just realised it it is shot 8/28 from the gallery on this site although in email form his contorted face fill my screen for a better effect!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote: Sandwich played two lovely, 60 yard, almost Elliott-esque cross field balls to the feet of wingers on Sunday. I was quite impressed by that.
Not the first time either, but he still seems to get more than his far share of stick. The bloke behind me berated Sandwith every time CC made a mistake on Sunday, some people just choose to see what they want to.
It the interests of fair play I have to say I did think Sandwith played better on Sunday than he has done as fullback and I'm sure the manager has a better idea of what he can do than I!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Craig Nelthorpe as &quotThe Mummy&quot
bjoufc
Embryo

Re:

Post by bjoufc »

im not to sure whether it was a good idea 2 get rid of willmott he and foster have done well
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotbjoufc&quot wrote:I'm not too sure whether it was a good idea to get rid of Wilmott. He and Foster have done well.
I've tidied that up for you.

And if people are wondering, TiU has been down for a few hours.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

The sad thing for me is that when we were a league club, at least I thought the players that got released because they didn't fit in or were getting on a bit, would still be able to ply their trade professionally in the league at another club, or in the conference. eg Hargreaves to Torquay, Robbo to Salisbury (No idea how true that is overall).

Whereas now, I feel that some of the players released will struggle to get a full-time contract and end up who knows where?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Doing a proper job?