Money making

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotSideshow Rob
Fray Bentos?[/quote]

I think I would have remembered if it was such a well known name.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote: My school once had a raffle and the winning ticket was drawn by the Headmaster during morning assembly. He pulled out a ticket with his own name on it.
And did he have the decency to throw it away and pick another?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

We never seem to get matches sponsored anymore for some reason.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Talking of revenue streams, in the presentation Lenagan gave all that time ago it showed a projcted income of £138,000 for youth development. How does youth development generate this income?

Mooro over to you.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:We never seem to get matches sponsored anymore for some reason.
Prices is probably the problem here. The club still charge league 1/championship sponsorship prices.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

I've been sponsoring and running advertising at different clubs as part of a teaser campaign.

Newcastle, Leeds, Hereford, Stafford Rangers, Cambridge, Northampton, Charlton, Everton, Burnley, Brighton, Woking and Oxford.

Oxford are at the higher end of the conference in terms of cost, but no where near championship or Premiership levels. However we don't offer all the extras that other clubs do.

The 2 big issues are that United don't own the rights to advertise on the website, that's operated by PTV who are a by product of the Football league and they don't own the stadium. Stad Co and United both want to run perimiter advertising but as the cash would be split between the two it makes that expensive and also from an advertiser's point of view it make have a negative effect as being seen to support Kassam financially.
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

Its a £100,000,000 euromillions draw tonight and it must be won (in that it won't roll over but will be shared amongst the next group down)! I've got my ticket and if we all get one one of us is sure to win!

Should hopefully make enough to buy the stadium, bring back Dean Windass and keep Osbourne for a little bit longer.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Talking of revenue streams, in the presentation Lenagan gave all that time ago it showed a projcted income of £138,000 for youth development. How does youth development generate this income?

Mooro over to you.
£138k is the grant from the Lottery/PFA/etc/etc (cannot remember who still contributes as it keeps changing) for all youth systems of clubs in the Football League.
Any club relegated gets a grant of £68k in the first two seasons out of the league.
After thay they get a grant of £0k pa.
The full grant will become payable again immediately upon promotion (as Exeter have found this season).

His presentation would presumably have used the figure for the season in which he took over, I shall leave you to determine into which pot we fall for the current season.

FYI - during the two 'half-grant' seasons, the club supplemented the missing half. They have stated that they will continue to support the scheme again this season, although I am not party to the exact extent this involves....
FYI II - there was a14 page thread on TIU about this a month or two back(courtesy Mr Methven) challenging whether this 'support' was justified (i) in the current financial crisis the club finds itself in and (ii) given the number/lack of players that have gone on from the scheme in the last five years to play for the club and/or generate income for the club by being sold.
The basic crux was whether it is worth supplementing the scheme while we are non-league so that it can either generate players and/or be in full flow when we go back up OR whether the 'support' the club gives would be better spent on the first team in order to get back up and then re-establish the youth system. I naturally argued the former case, particularly since re-establishing the system once it had been scrapped would be almost impossible, but also that we at last have a manager willing to give youth a chance (unlike Atkins &amp SMith), we have a great crop of current scholars, we have another wave of U16s who have already been signed up as scholars for next season.