Administration tomorrow apparently

Anything yellow and blue
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

What could the bailiffs seize?

The club shop stock? There's a huge market for that outside OUFC isn't there! The club's other assets are the playing gear, the contents of Jim's whiskey cabinet and Merry's cigar box.

More seriously FK will no doubt look to lock the club out of the premises if the rent ismajorly in arrears. The club have had payment issues meeting the quarterly rent bill on many occasions due to a lack of cashflow.The service charges are a monthly cost and this is a share of the heat, light, power etc.

What I find particularly scary is that the club have not publically issued a statement that puts the Administration rumours firmly to bed - have they?

Merry is really disappointing me as Chairman.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:What I find particularly scary is that the club have not publically issued a statement that puts the Administration rumours firmly to bed - have they?
Perhaps they haven't got the conch.
entirely disenchanted
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:What could the bailiffs seize?

The club shop stock? There's a huge market for that outside OUFC isn't there! The club's other assets are the playing gear, the contents of Jim's whiskey cabinet and Merry's cigar box.
I'd put a bid in for the whisky:

www.caskstrength.net
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Maybe FK agrees with the people who think itÔÇÖs a good idea to boycott stadium food and is just being helpful.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Does anybody here not boycott stadium food?
entirely disenchanted
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Does anybody here not boycott stadium food?
I bought a £2.60 pie on Saturday. I wouldn't have normally but I hadn't eaten lunch and needed cheering up.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

And did it cheer you up?
entirely disenchanted
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:And did it cheer you up?
Not really no. It made me feel a little less hungry but a little more sick. Last night on the other hand made me feel much better - less sick and hungry for more!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

I very rarely buy the food, because it’s not the best food in the world. I do buy the tea and coffee though, so long as the queues are not too long (which they usually are). Same for when we were at the Manor.

Going back up the thread, OUFC4eva asks what the bailiffs could seize. The club shop stock obviously springs to mind – Firoka could just bring in their own staff and sell the stock on matchdays, for instance (cue a call to boycott club stock from TiU), but also the physio equipment, the machines in the laundry room, the shirts off the players backs, computers etc.

However, I suppose the key element should this escalate is that Firoka hold the keys to the ground and if the rent is not paid then I guess they have grounds for starting repossession proceedings (assuming they havn't already).

All in all I’m really disappointed with this. We don’t know for sure who’s fault it is yet, but when Lenagan spoke at that Fans Forum in April 2007 WPL seemed to be on good terms with Firoka. Clearly, that’s broken down and it can’t be good for the club.

What is also not helpful in stirring things up is quotes from that nice Mr Rosenthal in the Oxford Mail when the full facts of the matter have yet to emerge.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:However, I suppose the key element should this escalate is that Firoka hold the keys to the ground and if the rent is not paid then I guess they have grounds for starting repossession proceedings (assuming they havn't already).
I have a memory of gates being locked at Ayresome Park around twenty years ago. But who did the locking?
entirely disenchanted
neilw
Puberty

Re:

Post by neilw »

And at Boothferry Park, in the David Lloyd era
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Well, remembered, and possibly a better example than Middlesbrough, since according to their Wikipedia entry it was the club themselves who locked the gates (though I don't udnerstand, and probably didn't at the time, why they did this).

According to the Hull City entry, though:

Lloyd sold the club in November 1998 to a South Yorkshire based consortium, but retained ownership of Boothferry Park

which sounds familiar.

There's a link to this page where we read further:

In the summer of 2002, former owner David Lloyd, who had previously acquired the Hull Rugby League club and run the two in a joint operation, called in the bailiffs due to a wrangle over rent and monies allegedly outstanding from the rugby association. Hull were locked out of Boothferry Park, before being allowed back ahead of the 2000/01 season.

The club's financial plight continued and the club was placed into administration in February 2001 after Lloyd again called in the bailiffs.
entirely disenchanted
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
I very rarely buy the food, because it’s not the best food in the world. I do buy the tea and coffee though, so long as the queues are not too long (which they usually are). Same for when we were at the Manor.

Going back up the thread, OUFC4eva asks what the bailiffs could seize. The club shop stock obviously springs to mind – Firoka could just bring in their own staff and sell the stock on matchdays, for instance (cue a call to boycott club stock from TiU), but also the physio equipment, the machines in the laundry room, the shirts off the players backs, computers etc.

However, I suppose the key element should this escalate is that Firoka hold the keys to the ground and if the rent is not paid then I guess they have grounds for starting repossession proceedings (assuming they havn't already).

All in all I’m really disappointed with this. We don’t know for sure who’s fault it is yet, but when Lenagan spoke at that Fans Forum in April 2007 WPL seemed to be on good terms with Firoka. Clearly, that’s broken down and it can’t be good for the club.

What is also not helpful in stirring things up is quotes from that nice Mr Rosenthal in the Oxford Mail when the full facts of the matter have yet to emerge.
I have to say that what Kassam did last night re food and drink in view of the fact that the local paper was screaming ADMIN .... RED ALERT... re his tenant is not wholly unacceptable business practice.

Plus he was making a point.

Does Kassam really want to repossess? I don't think he does.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Well, remembered, and possibly a better example than Middlesbrough, since according to their Wikipedia entry it was the club themselves who locked the gates (though I don't udnerstand, and probably didn't at the time, why they did this).

According to the Hull City entry, though:

Lloyd sold the club in November 1998 to a South Yorkshire based consortium, but retained ownership of Boothferry Park

which sounds familiar.

There's a link to this page where we read further:

In the summer of 2002, former owner David Lloyd, who had previously acquired the Hull Rugby League club and run the two in a joint operation, called in the bailiffs due to a wrangle over rent and monies allegedly outstanding from the rugby association. Hull were locked out of Boothferry Park, before being allowed back ahead of the 2000/01 season.

The club's financial plight continued and the club was placed into administration in February 2001 after Lloyd again called in the bailiffs.
Hull should be an inspiration to us. From administration, lock out and the basement division to premier league in less than 8 years. Believe!

Not that I'd want to get to the premier league. Championship would do just fine.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:I have to say that what Kassam did last night re food and drink in view of the fact that the local paper was screaming ADMIN .... RED ALERT... re his tenant is not wholly unacceptable business practice.
Really?

Did he stop supplying because he thought he wasn't going to get paid then?

Or was he making his point in the most petulant manner that he could?
entirely disenchanted